Sunday 1 February 2009

A dogs loyalty

Franzis of Assisi once said:

That my dog means to me the most, you my menkind call a sin. My dog stands by me every storm, mankind not in the wind.
So, dogs are more loyal than mankind.
Almost every person can remember another human being left him, when the "wind" came.
But find one, who will tell you, that his dog left him, even in a storm?
You hardly find one.
But why is it like this?

Some may say, it is because "my dog loves me".

Oh man, he does not "love" you.
To love is not in a dogs repertoire of emotions.
See, if you find your puppy or find your dog in the animal shelter, he is yours.
That doesn`t mean, he loves you. He follows you in his puppy days, and later he follows you, because he learned that it is good for him to do so.
What else should he do? He can`t go away to find another owner, like cats sometimes do.
It is not his nature.
If not you were the person, who took him, he would "love" any person, even if that is the most ugly, naughty or whatever person you ever met, just because he or she took him.
You are the "boss", you are the one giving him food, and you are the one telling him when and where to do his natural need (poo) and you are the one giving him strokes and attention.
He has no choice.
That`s him.
I know, that sounds hard and many of you might now shake your head and think, how wrong I am.
But that`s how it is. Humans always want to put their own emotions into their pets. That doesn`t work out fine.

So, is it true, what Francis of Assisi said?
Somehow it is, but not in that very way many people think. Don`t compare humans to dogs.
Don`t think dogs are better humans (heard about that several times)
Dogs are different.

My grandmum always said:
Take care of people hating animals. But take also care of people loving animals more than humans.
Dogs are loyal. Love him for that.

1 comment:

  1. He - wonderful sentence - so it is - and what your grandmum said is very important.
    I wish you the best with this new blog. The first post was great and so I hope that all will going on in the next future. Good luck!
    Wuuff
    Aiko

    ReplyDelete